Climate change is real and Mother Earth seriously needs our help.
Over the past couple of years, I have been reading up and watching many shows about the environmental crisis we are currently facing. I'll save you some time and say it is SCARY. I have found that the more I learn, the harder it is to ignore. So much so, that I find myself often getting angry at people when I see them take too many paper towels or even drinking out of a plastic water bottle. Now I realize that I cannot be the great, Greta Thunberg, out there fighting for the environment everyday, but I can still try and make a difference in my own little way.
Below are 14 easy eco-friendly switches I have made in my personal life that I know you can do too. My actions alone might not be enough to make a dent in solving the climate crisis but the more people who take action, the closer we will be to making a change.
1. Plastic Toothbrush --> Bamboo Toothbrush
2. Single-use Cotton Rounds --> Reusable Facial Rounds
3. Plastic Body Wash --> Soap Bar
4. Regular Cotton Swabs --> Reusable Cotton Swabs or Bamboo Cotton Swabs
5. Plastic Baggies --> Silicone Reusable Baggies
6. Paper or Plastic Bags --> Reusable Canvas Bags
7. Paper Plates --> Ceramic or Bamboo Plates
8. Run Dishwasher Everyday --> Run Dishwasher When Full
9. Dryer Sheets --> Dryer Balls
10. Small Laundry Loads --> Full Laundry Loads
11. Single Use Plastic Bottles --> Reusable Water Bottles
12. Plastic Straws --> Metal Straws
13. Shop Fast Fashion --> Shop Local or at Thrift Shops
14. Plastic Tech Accessories --> Biodegradable Tech Accessories
If you are interested in discovering some more ways you can become a better citizen of planet earth, check out these websites for some great eco-friendly products!
Please do what you can and start doing your part in saving Mother Earth!